Welcome to Burbage Surgery Online
This surgery website is used to present all our patients with up to date news and information about our practice. We will keep it current with any developments or other details that we feel are relevant to you.
As well as a source of information about our practice, the staff and the services we provide, we hope you will use this website as a useful resource for other health-related information.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force in the UK on 25th May 2018. Under GDPR GP surgeries are ‘data controllers’, registered with Information Commissioners Office (ICO), who oversee data protection law in the UK. GDPR ‘right to be informed’ encompasses the obligation to provide fair processing and transparent use personal data.
In practice this means:
- Telling you about the information we collect, how we use it and who we share it with.
- Assuring you that your data will be safe, confidential and used appropriately.
- Enabling you to opt out of sharing your data at any time.
- Making you aware that you have the right to access your data
How we use your information
- We collect and hold data about you for the purpose of providing safe and affective healthcare
- Your information may be shared with our partner organisations to audit services and help provide you with better care
- Information sharing is subject to strict agreements on how it is used
- We will only share your information outside of our partner organisations with your consent*
- If you are happy with how we use your information you do not need to do anything
- If you do not want your information to be used for any purpose beyond providing your care please let us know so we can code your record appropriately
- You can object to sharing information with other health care providers but if this limits your treatment options we will tell you
- Our guiding principle is that we are holding your information in the strictest confidence
- For more information about who are our partner organisations and how your data is used please see our privacy notice or ask at reception
*Unless the health & safety of others is at risk, the law requires it or it is required to carry out a statutory function
PLEASE ALLOW AT LEAST 3 FULL WORKING DAYS BETWEEN ORDERING AND COLLECTING YOUR REPEAT MEDICATION, BEARING IN MIND THAT WE ARE CLOSED ON A WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON.
WE RECOMMEND YOU KEEP 2 WEEKS OF MEDICATION IN STOCK AT HOME SO YOU ARE LESS LIKELY TO RUN OUT
When ordering repeat prescriptions online, please be aware that we cannot respond to any queries made in the comments box. Should there be a problem with your medicine request, a staff member will contact you directly.
Please note that any medicine reviews that require an appointment with the nurse or doctor will be instigated by the surgery. Please ignore any "review" requests that appear when ordering your medicines online - thank you.
For further information click here to Learn More...
Your feedback please!!
We are always looking to improve our service and would like to hear what you think about us. We have created a survey which we would be grateful if you could complete and return to us. You can print it off here: Burbage Patient Survey 2018 , email or bring it back to us, or pick a copy up in reception.
Named Accountable GP
Practices throughout the UK are contractually obliged to inform all patients of who their accountable GP is. Please be informed that the named accountable GP for all the patients at Burbage Surgery is Dr Trevor King.
(Site updated 25/05/2018)